The building which houses the Hotel Ametyst was erected in 1923 was used from the outset for the purposes of accommodation. Until the beginning of the 1990s, the Ametyst was used as a luxury hotel for tourists from both home and abroad. In 1994 it was purchased by a family from Munich, and the new owners had the hotel completely renovated and classified as a four-start hotel. Due to the improvements in the quality of its services, it began to attract the interest of a wide range of commercial companies. The hotel is designated as a "Gallery hotel" due to its large selection of paintings of Czech, Russian and Bulgarian artists.
The hotel's location in a quiet part of Vinohrady close to metro stations and tram stops places the city centre within easy reach.
The Hotel Ametyst has 8 single, 69 double and 7 triple rooms. Of these, 16 are non-smoking and one is specially equipped for handicapped people. All 84 rooms have en-suite bathrooms and toilets, satellite and payed TV, a mini-bar, an electronic safe and direct external line telephone. It is one of the most trustble Prague hotels.
Price includes breakfast.