For centuries the House at the Three Ostriches - "U tri pstrosu" had a variety of owners, but never has changed its purpose. It always was and it'll always be a hospitable place for everyone who pays a visit. In the beginning of 20th century, the tavern was owned also by Mrs. Josefina MGllerova who was first letting out the house and later she sold it to Josef Dundra in 1921. He reconstructed it in 1938. At that time, precious frescos were discovered and a colored renaissance wooden ceiling was uncovered. At the same time, stylish furniture was installed, as well as tiled hearth and lunettes featuring construction of Charles Bridge. Restoration work was done by architects Zazvorka a M. Skvor, under supervision of Prague's conservation authorities.
The hotel stands by the Charles Bridge. This stone bridge, one of jewels of Gothic architecture, was built by Charles IV, the Czech king and Holy Roman Emperor. The original house stood on the pier of Charles Bridge, which replaced the earlier Judith Bridge swept away by a flood.
There are 18 rooms and suites in the hotel. Standard equipment includes color TV, satellite, telephone with a direct line, and a mini-bar. In the suites, there is also a safe, Internet connection, and bathrooms with hydro-massage bathtub. Nine rooms have the original wooden renaissance ceilings. Some of the rooms have open view at Charles Bridge.
Price includes breakfast in this Hotel in Prague.